Getting inspiration for your ideas
You don’t get inspiration by sitting around a four walled room, enclosed from the world and pondering on your own. That’s more like meditation. You get inspiration by
- Reading books
- Watching movies
- Listen to BFM radio station
- Listen to how influential people talk or interviews of business leaders.
- Go for a holiday.
- Setup a brain storming session. Only invite those who can contribute. Thrash talkers are a no no.
- Go to public places like shopping malls and observe consumer behavior
- Talk to people related to matters that inspires you
- Hang out with your 6 month old baby. They can’t speak yet but they sure hell inspire you to a higher level of consciousness
- Do something humbling. Humility, I believe is the gateway of getting inspired. You can never be inspired if you’re filled with pride and confidence. That’s how Napoleon lost the war to the Duke of Wellington.
- Inspire people. Inspiration is a two way “virus”. By inspiring people, they will inspire you as well. The science of Tao, so to speak.
So, the next time you sit at office trying to figure out the next big campaign, leave the office. Free yourself. Go to the nearest park and seek your inspiration. Don’t worry about what your colleagues/boss think. After all, this is part of your job.